The Adventures Of A Solopreneur

Ever wondered what some unskilled untalented, unimpressive, non charismatic anonymous nobody do to make money online?

Follow My Progress Here!

I post my thoughts in this blog every weekday and at least once over the weekends and every Friday I post a Friday Progress post which details where I think I have progressed over the last week. Enjoy!

Monday, April 12, 2004

Loosing Focus

I'm 45 minutes into my writing hour and I am writing on my blog when I should be writing on my e-book.

I have also been far short of my targets this week but at least I am progressing.

What this post is about though is that my fear is doing something to me.

I was talking to my wife about my offline venture and Rich Dad Poor Dad when she kindly reminded me that my

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

always help me find reasons why things won't work.

It is basically all excuses not to try and I have to find a way to get over that. I think focussing on one thing at a time might help but I don't seem to always be able to do that.

looking back at the last 6-7 weeks I have certainly made a massive amount of progress on a personal level. But the FEAR in me tells me I am only paying lip service to what I am being told.

The evidence point to the fact that this has happened before. I just feel like maybe I should ask myself

How is it different this time?

and how can I get over my fear and deliver a finished product in time for the seminar on the 24th?

So to everyone reading this and wondering how I can be so positive all the time - the secret is out:

I'm not.

It is an amazingly emotional ride like no other I have been on.

A trick I should use more often though, and I do - when I remember ! - is to ask myself why am I so afraid?

Fear is a friend. A basic instinct that tells me I am on new ground and that I am venturing into the unknown. Fear is there to keep me from harm, and it makes me alert. I am in a safe environment, but it is my thoughts, ideas and other abstract things that are new.

So what does that mean for fear? I can only interpret it to mean that I am growing.

Am I right? How am I supposed to know?

But it sure feels better than the alternative.

Cheers,
Jon ( still progressing )

=Every Day In Every Way, I'm Getting Better And Better=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home