The Adventures Of A Solopreneur

Ever wondered what some unskilled untalented, unimpressive, non charismatic anonymous nobody do to make money online?

Follow My Progress Here!

I post my thoughts in this blog every weekday and at least once over the weekends and every Friday I post a Friday Progress post which details where I think I have progressed over the last week. Enjoy!

Friday, April 16, 2004

Friday Progress

I sit down to type this weeks update with a nagging feeling that the last 7 days have been a slow week progress wise.

This week I am putting this up in a slightly different format as well because I can't make my mind up which works best...

The Google advertising cashcow is causing me a bit of a headache again, as I have seen a possible open niche, but not acted on it as I was supposed to leave this campaign alone.

After the teleseminar with the great gordino earlier in the week - I can't remember one day from the other anymore! - I had a look at one of my middle of the road campaigns and realised that the sales ratio was at 3.5%. Ideally I want to get this over 5.5% so I have been trying to weed out the keywords that people click on but aren't generating any sales.

I'm also researching some other possible niche opportunities that could be interesting if the numbers come out right.

Now, should I be doing all this? Well, it is improving my google advertising business, but it means I am spending more time than I have allocated to it.

I am also loosing interest with my online project, and either need to put in a marathon effort this weekend to get something presentable to show Gary at the seminar, or I have to settle for starting off with the 40 odd pages I have already.

My Offline campaign... well I did at least produce the task list. I haven't acted on it yet and I think that comes down to a combination of fear and lack of confidence. What makes ME, a reasonably insignificant employee in an organisation with well over 100 000 employees, think that I can pull off a significant product launch of a product that is the first and only one of its kind in the UK market place?

This progress is becoming more and more uncomfortable as I am beginning to learn things about myself that I don't particularly like.

...
It it me or does this look like therapy to anyone else?...

I'll choose to see this discomfort as a good thing though.

Back in my days as a conscript in the Norwegian Army
( Cavalry no less! )
( aka His Royal Highness, the King Of Norways, Manure & Diesel Brigade )

our drill instructor would say, that if we were not in pain when we woke up we should take it as a sign that we hadn't tried hard enough the day before. So I guess I am trying.

It is amazing how many nuggest of wisdom I have forgotten in my 33 years on this planet...

For next week I have two things to do:

1 Start to reward myself when I do well. Punishment ain't for me.

2 Put my "package" together for the seminar.

Be warned, I will be asking most of you for your opinion on the offline product. If I can pluck up the courage that is.

I am usually quite shy, appearing arrogant, when I first meet new people face to face. So if I don't tell you about it, ask me! please. All I am after is peoples honest opinion of what the benefits could be, and what you think would be the "hook" to use to get people to spend around £5000 on this product!

More on that next week.

Cheers,
Jon ( still progressing )

=Every Day In Every Way, I'm Getting Better And Better=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home