The Adventures Of A Solopreneur

Ever wondered what some unskilled untalented, unimpressive, non charismatic anonymous nobody do to make money online?

Follow My Progress Here!

I post my thoughts in this blog every weekday and at least once over the weekends and every Friday I post a Friday Progress post which details where I think I have progressed over the last week. Enjoy!

Monday, April 26, 2004

Illiterate bumble bees

I think I've been on this road to progress now for about 8 weeks and maybe it's time to take stock.

When it comes to the google advertising I can honestly say I haven't developed much - at least that I have noticed. I know Gordon Bryan has opened my eyes to what is possible with it. So what I have learn about Google is that I can benefit from being a little more systematic in my research of the opportunities and a little more thorough with the keyword research.

The system that Gordon showed me, was to research the website, the affiliate agreement, then expand on possible keywords that might apply, then group them together & research their quality & competitiveness.

The other thing I have learnt that I should be doing is signing up to affiliate newsletters and so on.

In the area of marketing on the internet & garden offices I have learnt alot.
I won't detail it all here, but say that I could (again!) benefit from systemizing any research.

On my money tip review site I have managed to develop alot of content. Mainly by looking at other peoples tips and reviewing them. I have also learnt abit about money.

The area where I have had the biggest progress though is in the area of self development. I'd like to think so anyway...

For one thing, I don't really mind anymore if things don't turn out the way I expected it to, as I would have learnt something from it after all. Like that sometimes stopping doing something that don't work, is not a setback, because of the benefits it gives me.

Another thing I also have realised is that the world is full of ideas but there is only so much you can do. And without getting up and DOING something, nothing will happen.

Do you sometimes experience flashes of doubt or fear? I know I do. I mean, some days I wake up and think: " what the H"LL am I DOING?"
These days I get them regularly:
" What is this Uk net marketing "Guru" REALLY playing at?!? This scam is making it out to be so simple - but it can not be - can it?!? Be wary Jon! "
The thing is - they must ALL be in on it!! Even some of the guests! That's when sheer TERROR and FEAR hits me - " This might actually succeed! ... ... THEN what do I do?"

I spoke to one chap at the seminar who in what I remember to be the first 11 days of his website business, generated a total revenue of over $25,000 (US dollars). And he wasn't lying. Or at least I believed because I had to drag it out of him!

So the Fear is there more than ever, but my "bad days" are further apart than ever. I can't remember last time I had one. I have "hairy" moments and maybe a few "bad" hours, but they don't seem to ruin a whole day anymore.

All I can assume then, is that my fear is either because of a lack of confidence or self belief - or I am moving beyond or out of my comfort zone. If it is because I am out of my comfort zone, that's a positive signal, and if it is for a lack of self belief - then I have identified something to work on. So all good really.

Anyway, what does all this have to do with the illiterate bumble bees in the subject line?

On my way back from the seminar, the fountain of knowledge, Mike Blacktop enlightened me on the subject of bumble bees.

Countless scientific reports have proved beyond any doubt that the bumble bees can not fly. The body shape is all wrong, and the wings are too small to lift the weight.
So how come the bumble bee can overcome the impossible and perform beyond its so called physical limitations every day?

Simple. They haven't read the reports.

Cheers,
Jon ( still progressing )

=Every Day In Every Way, I'm Getting Better And Better=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home