The Adventures Of A Solopreneur

Ever wondered what some unskilled untalented, unimpressive, non charismatic anonymous nobody do to make money online?

Follow My Progress Here!

I post my thoughts in this blog every weekday and at least once over the weekends and every Friday I post a Friday Progress post which details where I think I have progressed over the last week. Enjoy!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Time stealing software

I was happily progressing with Butterfly marketing last week, but now I am seriously fed up.

And I am getting paranoid. I mean, why would a perfectly happy installation work fine on one day and then for some reason a few days later the sign up form will stop working?

Everything else works and I can add members manually, but that kind of defeats the object of installing a fully functional membership script. And the support has been non-existent.

And the problem with my other membership script, easymemberpro is that it does not support multiple memberships in one installation.

So I am STILL not getting anything done - simply because I am fed up with having to troubleshoot stuff that should work out of the box. The biggest time stealer for me is software that doesn't work like it should. And I havent installed enough of these memberships to justify paying a technical support person to take care of all of these things for me.

Although that problem is directly related to the fact that I can't get the stupid installations to work

What really annoys me is that this is stopping me from progressing the stuff I want to progress. Every time I do the installations you see it seems to be working fine. I add my design, I add the content and update the membership types and find that everything is working fine.

Then two days later the sign up stops working. It's like someone is turning it off.

I guess the lesson is that even with the best will in the world, sometimes there is just no way of getting things done because the tools let you down.

Cheers,
Jon ( still progressing )

=Every Day In Every Way, I'm Getting Better And Better=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home