The Adventures Of A Solopreneur

Ever wondered what some unskilled untalented, unimpressive, non charismatic anonymous nobody do to make money online?

Follow My Progress Here!

I post my thoughts in this blog every weekday and at least once over the weekends and every Friday I post a Friday Progress post which details where I think I have progressed over the last week. Enjoy!

Friday, April 30, 2004

Friday Progress - When It Rains...

How eventful can a week be?

I went to the seminar and had a fab time. enough said. No offense intented to those that were enthused about it. I still am too!

For me however it is time to look forward again. Or at least recap on the week that has followed and then set the pace for the next week.

During the coming bank holiday weekend I will be adding all my notes that I made while stuck in a Caravan in Hastings to my blog, so keep checking back.

Although for some lyrical wax I suggest you go to robs blog instead - that's where I go when I want to get a lift.

I promised myself that I would write an entry in my notebook every day while away, and inspite of having "aquired" some pens (two in fact ) over the weekend and enough note paper to keep a whitehall paper plane competition going for about 5 minutes or enough to produce a 600 000 page EU report on the dangerous curvature of bananas ...

I forgot to bring any! paper that is. Or pens. Ho hum. I'll make up some posts when I get back. Not!

This is Monday evening, around 6pm and I find myself trotting over to the Haven convenient store to find a bloomin pen and a paper pad!

My wife thinks I am a strange git, but whatever I am on she told me I should continue taking it as I am so enthusiastic these days!

So come Friday Morning and time to pack, I have a green inked pen and a pad with 4 entries - one for each day. Yay!

It ain't great content, and as usual rather self indulgent, but I am keeping up the habbit.

Now for the next week.

I have committed to do 3 actions by the 3 week anniversary of the Seminar - and I will tell them to you as soon as I remember...

just kidding, they are right here next to the expensive tea coaster I got from Mark ;o)

1. ( a daft and unchallenging one but I couldn't think straight )
categorise, write up and document my notes and ideas that I have taken away from the seminar.

2. Post my money website link on the forum for feedback
( so be warned ! )

3. Start a blog or forum on software requirements definition
This one will be a blog.

I work full time as a business analyst in a large blueish american computer company and work specifically with software requirements definitions, and although it may not appear as rocket science, getting the specification wrong when posting on elance and others can have rather dire consequences as Gary can testify.

I'm open to suggestions here for the format as it would be beneficial for you to be able to ask me questions on the subject.

Initially however, as I am website-less as yet, i'll be posting my basic observations on a blog.

Now. I am tempted to add a 4th. and a 5th. but I won't.

I have every admiration for people who want to push HARD HARD HARD, but that's not me.

So for the next 3 weeks, I will be concentrating on those 3, the First All-Weather Garden Office, and keeping my google ticking over.

Let the future BEGIN!! (sigh, Sigh Sigh SIGH! ) ( sorry about the slogan slapping.. it's like hype, I don't like it but it is so attractive and easy to fall in love with... sigh )

Cheers,
Jon ( still progressing )

=Every Day In Every Way, I'm Getting Better And Better=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home